Sometime the best way to judge if something is right for you, or at least worth trying, is to learn what other people are saying about it. A number of clients have provided comments to describe their experience, If you've had sessions with Good Vibrations and would like to make your experience known we would love to hear from you, Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My name is Alex Westman and I come from a family of volunteer first responders. My father served our local fire department for 50 years, my mother served for 17 years as our dispatch and I served 30 years as a first responder.
When I joined we mostly responded to structure fires and field fires. Then the opportunity to expand into motor vehicle accidents, farm accidents and first response medical care. We embraced it and took advantage of all the training we could get.
For over 25 years I assisted in auto extraction, rescue and first aid. I saw a lot of death and suffering and it scarred me deeply. Unfortunately there wasn't really anything in place to provide support to me or my fellow firefighters and PTSD was unheard of.
I remember when it started to be a problem for me. The pager would go off and if it was a motor vehicle accident or a medical call I would feel a lot of anxiety. After a call I would go home and seclude myself away from my family. My sleep became broken and I began to be very moody and temperamental. It continued to affect me that way for several years until my parents died. The grief of my parents passing opened the flood gates and I had a serious breakdown.
I began talk therapy to help relieve my anxiety and severe depression. It was then that the term PTSD was first used with me. I discovered that my anxiety, nightmares, moodiness, depression and fatigue was all part of PTSD.
The talk therapy helped to a point but did not relieve my anxiety, depression or nightmares. Then I was introduced to Neurofeedback.
Our new fire chief invited me give it a try and he introduced me to Susan Gillies. I was skeptical at first and asked a lot of questions.
My very first session yielded results. Literally after the first session I had a restful night's sleep. My first in years. With each session that followed I noticed a change.
My anxiety melted away.
My sleep improved significantly.
My depression became manageable.
And I began to feel better.
Now life can be hard and for my wife, my family and I, it has been very hard. My sweet wife is living in the late stages of early onset Alzheimer's disease. Watching her fade away continues to be heartbreaking but because of the neurofeedback treatments I find that I'm better equipped to manage the stress of it all.
Being able to see my before and after brain wave activity was very intriguing and the support and kindness that Susan and her staff showed me was wonderful.
I highly recommend neurofeedback to everyone. It is not just for PTSD. It changed my life and I'm eternally grateful.
- I started seeing Susan Gillies about 6 weeks ago. A friend recommended her to me to see if she could help with my migraines. I have suffered with chronic migraines for approximately 5 yrs now, the last 3 yrs being the worst. After a few sessions I noticed a big difference not only with my migraines, but my overall energy level. Having chronic pain day in and day out can become quite exhausting. I’m feeling better and sleeping better too. I started on some of the supplements that Susan offers as well. Everything has made such a huge difference in my overall health that I’m so excited to say that I’m getting my life back again. Thank you Susan for all your caring, kindness and always checking in with me in between sessions to see how I am feeling.
- For over 10 years I have suffered from migraines and since starting neurofeedback I have gone 13 weeks without having a migraine. It has been a relief to me that I have not needed to take medication and be in pain. I am able go out and not worry about getting a migraine. I am extremely grateful for neurofeedback."
- "Once or twice, in a lifetime, we might be lucky enough to have a chance to change; a potential experience that explored would make us see the world in new ways. Meeting Susan Gillies in the local grocery store was one of those catalysts, from which the world becomes a brighter, more manageable place.
My life partner had recently had a stroke, minor as strokes go, but it affected his speech and seemed to onset arthritis so his walking and balance were both very precarious. I was very low when Susan said, “Geri, how are you?”. It seemed to me that stairs in particular were going to be a big challenge in our future. We had listed the property at this point, and although letting the past be past is difficult, for us it is the right way forward.
Susan suggested that they had good success using neurofeedback to help stroke victims in recovery. She said it is a non-invasive experience. I had a very limited exposure to biofeedback in College, so understood vaguely what that meant, your own body/brain did the work, the machine was only there as guide.
Well, that sounded an easy thing to try, when I could see no alternatives for Christopher’s health improvement. He was now walking very hesitantly with a cane. When we arrived for our appointment, Susan asked if I was interested to have a session as well. Of course I was, it was important to me to understand what that experience would look like. Especially as the the big issue between Christopher and I was the ability at this point to communicate with ease.
Well, I can’t tell you the difference it has made in our lives. He put down that cane after the first session and hasn’t needed it since. His vocalizing too became easier, and clearer.
For me, the experience had other surprises. The low-grade tension headache that I had had for months left completely. I just felt, as Susan’s promotion suggests, That Life Just Feels Better. It really does, and we haven’t looked back."
- Geri Binks
- "I had been in a deep state of depression for 2 years. I was undergoing psychotherapy and acupuncture for 5 months but after 4-5 neurofeedback sessions I started to pull out of it. The sessions were relaxing and I looked forward to them whilst driving the hour to Good Vibrations. I really just soaked in the music and the video. It fascinated me when the impulses from my mind were recorded, especially when I did not concentrate on the program. I am very happy with Good-Vibrations=most professional and very zen."
- I was diagnosed with epilepsy when I was 19 years old. For the past 10 years, I have had grand mal seizures every couple of months and petit mal seizures on a daily basis. I started neurofeedback in November 2012. It greatly reduced the frequency and severity of my seizures. I went about 5 months with no grand mal seizures. It is teaching my brain that seizures are not normal. I believe the other contributor to this is the impact that neurofeedback has on stress. Less stress in my world means less seizures! I am eternally grateful to Susan for introducing me to neurofeedback and believe it has made a difference in my life.
Phantom Limb Pain
February 18, 2012 I suffered a catastrophic accident. As a result my left arm was amputated. I suffered severe pain. With the use of drugs and therapy I had the pain under control. Then as the weeks passed no drugs and only limited therapy. Then the turbines were constructed in my back yard (550 meters) and community. Now the phantom pain was back and so were the drugs to control the pain. The pain – like you smash two fingers with a sledge hammer and then the throbbing begins and could only be subdued with drugs.
I was at my wits’ end, this pain and the drugs were taking over my life. I may be 75 years old but I refuse to let this pain and the drugs take me down as I still have many projects and travelling to do. In the past as a retired construction mechanic my work took me across Canada in the toughest of situations. No wimps allowed.
Then I heard of Neurofeedback. At this point I would try anything, which I did. At first I thought this treatment was a lot of hocus pocus. But that all changed on March 20, 2015. All through the night – severe pain, 4 pain pills and no relief. Then I asked my wife to take me to Susan Gillies, which she did. Half way through the treatment the severe pain was gone. I became a very strong believer in Neurofeedback. My wife is also taking treatment due to stress from the accident.
I have repeated this story to anyone that would listen to me.
John R. Sutherland
- “I HAVE HAD MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS FOR 42 YEARS. I AM IN A WHEELCHAIR AND CANNOT STAND. SEVERAL THINGS HAVE IMPROVED SINCE I STARTED GETTING NEUROFEEDBACK (HAVE HAD 35 SESSIONS TO DATE). PRIOR TO TREATMENTS I COULDN'T FEEL ANYTHING FROM THE WAIST DOWN. NOW I HAVE FEELING AND CIRCULATION IN MY CALVES AND CAN MOVE MY RIGHT FOOT AND CALF A LITTLE. MY LEG SPASMS THRU THE NIGHT ARE GONE. I CAN ALSO MOVE MY LEGS HIGHER WHEN DOING MY RANGE OF MOTION EXERCISES. I WILL CONTINUE HAVING TREATMENTS - BECAUSE I NOW KNOW IT WILL HELP EVEN MORE.” GAIL
- "After my first experience with Neurofeedback my brain felt rested and free of cobwebs. After my second experience I slept well and had a beautiful dream. I dreamt I was walking with a friend but I didn't have any shoes. An angel came and fitted my feet with comfortable blue walking sandals which made my journey much easier. A peaceful feeling remained after I awoke. I'm very much looking forward to my next session."
- "My neurofeedback sessions with Susan were a treat every time. I soon learned to look forward to how relaxed and content they made me, feeling results after the first session. Susan is pure joy to work with. Thank you!"
- "After a few sessions of Neurofeedback my energy began to improve as well as my sleep. I'm so glad I found it. Susan is a very caring, compassionate practitioner and very dedicated to the well-being of her clients."
- Groupon Feedback
Customers who purchased the Good Vibrations Groupon offering were asked (by Groupon) to complete a short anonymous survey about their experience after redeeming their voucher. Included below are all customer comments received from Groupon.